University of Buenos Aires. It was inaugurated on August 12, 1821 at the initiative of the then government minister of the province of Buenos Aires, Dr. Bernardino Rivadavia. Since that year, the Institution has traveled the paths of the history of the country and the city, as well as the more specific paths that make the construction of an academic, cultural and scientific center, a space for training professionals, circulation and production of knowledge. During the first sixty years it functioned as a Provincial University and from 1881 as a National University.
Develop a correct policy for the growth, treatment and transfer of information to achieve access to knowledge with quality and equity for the entire university community.
To be a leading institution in the coordination and administration of a specialized information network in the field of design in all its branches, not only within the University, but also within the entire community.
- Designand Urbanism.
- Economic Sciences.
- Exact and Natural Sciences.
- Social Sciences.
- Veterinary Sciences.
- Pharmacyand Biochemistry.
- Philosophyand Letters.
The University City located in the porteño neighborhood of Núñez (Buenos Aires), is divided into three buildings (pavilions), where all the careers corresponding to the faculties of Architecture, Design and Urbanism and Exact and Natural Sciences are studied. Likewise, activities of the Faculty of Engineering are also developed and it is one of the fifteen headquarters of the CBC.
Paternal Regional University Center
Located on the border between the neighborhoods of La Paternal and Agronomy, it brings together the faculties of Agronomy and Veterinary Sciences. It is also home to the CBC.
- System analysis
- Library and Information Science
- Public Calligrapher
- Politic science
- Food Science and Technology
- Environmental Sciences
- Anthropological Sciences
- Biological Sciences
- Atmospheric Sciences
- computer’s science
- Social Communication Sciences
The Coordination of the UBA Museums Network was created in 2002 to encourage the relationship between university museums, in order to promote their development, collaborate in the dissemination of their activities and cooperate with their requirements in everything related to conservation and restoration of the collections, documentation and inventory of the pieces, training of human resources, research and extension, as well as the improvement of its facilities. The Museum Network is made up of:
- Archaeological Museum “Doctor Eduardo Casanova”.
- Pucará Site Museum.
- Museum of Scienceand Technology.
- Museum of Pharmacobotany “Juan A. Domínguez”.
- Museum of the History of Medicine and Surgery “Vicente Aníbal Risolía”.
- Museum of Mathematics- MateUBA.
- Museum of Mineralogy“Dr. E. Mértola”.
- PharmacyMuseum “Dr. Rosa D’Alessio from Carnavale Bonino”.
- Foreign Debt Museum.
- Museum of ArgentineExperimental Psychology “Horacio Piñero”.
- “Juan B. Ambrosetti” Ethnographic Museum.
- Houssay Museum of the History of Science and Technology.
- Museum and Historical Archive.
- Museum and Center for Historical Studies “Professor Doctor Orestes W. Siutti”.
Museums not dependent on the UBA
- Bernardo Houssay House Museum
- Ricardo Rojas House Museum
The University of Buenos Aires provides care services through its hospital network, made up of the following institutions:
- Institute of Medical Research “Alfredo Lanari”.
- Institute of Oncology “Angel Roffo”.
- Institute of Physioneumology “Raúl F. Vacarezza”.
- Hospital of Clinics “José de San Martín”.
- Hospital School of the Faculty of Veterinary Sciences.
- University Dental Hospital.