Are you ready for your first family holiday? Travel with kids is fun and tiring at the same time offering to small community a unique opportunity: to start exploring the world and learning about new cultures. But the thing that probably creates more difficulty for mothers is the preparation of the case, especially if it’s your first trip with your baby; the choice of what to take is preceded by a thousand doubts and questions: and if it’s too cold? If it’s too hot? What toys should I bring? And baby food? Better travel light or bring something extra?
But first to panic and stress is worth remembering mothers who prepare the suitcase can be transformed into a moment of fun and play with your puppy as you look forward to your wonderful holiday together.
Obviously as regards the suitcase of children it is important not to forget anything and sometimes, unlike the case of adults, it is best to bring something extra to stand on the side of the safe rather than travel light. The destination you have chosen (and thereby its climate) are logically fundamental to the organisation of the case as well as the means by which you will be traveling: If you get to your destination by plane you will have a weight limit from having to adhere to, while by car are freer. If you want some tips and ideas on how to prepare your suitcase for younger travellers, read this tutorial.
Mini suitcase or not?
Many moms are wondering whether to put all objects of children in their suitcases or equip small travellers of a mini bag or a backpack. Let’s say that everything depends on the age of the child: at an early age children begin to “want to feel big” and have a suitcase all them can help them feel more responsible. Furthermore you can involve them in the preparation of the baggage, choosing together what toys take on holiday, so keep them occupied at home or at the airport; and then you want to put the sense of tenderness you feel to see them walk with their super trolley backpack or colored? Not to mention the comfort: in the case of very short trips you can use their small suitcase as only bag for your children so if necessary you will have everything you need in a single trolley without having to rummage in the case of adults, whereas if you take a longer vacation by plane or by car you can use the mini-bag as a carry-on putting all useful items while traveling like games to entertain them, snacks and your favorite beverages and medicines, so you have everything you need at your fingertips.
Choose the most suitable for your little mini suitcase takes a number of considerations, which are essentially based on a fundamental factor which is the age of your children; on the market there is in fact a very large selection to choose from: backpacks and trolleys of various sizes, weight, fabric, price, etc. For younger children, from 3 to 6 years, small wheeled luggage are great, but remember that beyond the functionality, the suitcase of children must be especially “fun” in this regard, one of the most popular brands among younger travelers is the Trunki.
Trunki suitcases: the most popular
Trunki suitcases are the most beloved not only by children but also by the parents. The reason is easily understood: the fun and colorful design makes hit immediately in the heart of the small community; each trolley depicts an animal and it ranges from ladybirds to dinosaurs to suit the tastes of every child. Besides being read (the weight is approximately 2 kg) and easy to handle, these bags are a hoot: when kids are tired can sit astride the trolley and be pulled by parents!In this way even the tedious waits at the airport become a moment of play and fun. If instead the young prefer walking parents can transform your suitcase into a purse or backpack to carry shoulder! Besides the suitcase are also available of accessories, these fun and functional: there are the mini-bags that become comfortable saddles for riding the suitcase, the bottle cooler or colored sticker to be attached to the trolley to customize it.
The choice of what to pack in your suitcase depends on your goal, but there are some products that should never miss, including:
- Documents. If you travel abroad the child must have their own passport or personal identification. Bring any medical certificates or attestations of vaccines made prior departure.
- First aid kits and medical prescriptions. Include this medicines for fever, kit for car sick, stomach pains and for allergic reactions, a thermometer, salves for insect bites and dermatitis, disinfectant and patches. If your child is forced to take medication, take an abundant supply and even prescriptions when needed.
- For smaller kids diapers, refreshing and baby bottles.
- Baby food and homogenized take an abundant supply for the trip and for the first few days of vacation, then you purchase everything you need directly to your destination.
- Game, stuffed animals and favorite book. If your child has a plush without which it falls asleep, a toy with which loves to play often or a book he has ever read before bed, put it in my suitcase.
- Personal hygiene products. Specific cleaning products for children can be easily found in any place and can sometimes have higher prices. Bring everything you need maybe in smaller packages, which do not weigh too much in the suitcase.
- Sunglasses and sunscreen. Children’s eyes and skin are very delicate so whether you go to sea, mountain or camping, bring a pair of sunglasses and a good sunscreen.
- Jacket and waterproof shoes. Whether you go in a warm place it in a cold place, the weather is unpredictable and you might be surprised by a sudden thunderstorm. So bring a jacket and shoes that are waterproof.
What to bring
In addition to basic, you will need to assess what clothes, toys and equipment are necessary depending on the destination and the climate that you will find. The choice is very personal and it’s hard to advise exactly what to take, but I can give you some tips to make you more accurate and Save as much space as possible:
- As you know the kids get dirty often eating and playing so you need to bring an extra change where necessary; also avoid white clothing or light colors that become dirty as quickly and as favorite pants jeans. Even if you go someplace warm bring some heavy garment for evening or for closed spaces where frequently there is the AC on. Choose clothes that can be combined together and worn in layers. Don’t save on linen changes, on the costumes for the Sea (take at least two if you go to a beach resort) and Pajamas (even of these take two if you have room in your suitcase). If you are ever in a cool place don’t forget scarf, gloves and hat.
- Toys and entertainment. Kids holiday is fun and it’s important to entertain them both during the trip, both once you reach your destination. In addition to books and plush favorites from your children try to bring toys that do not occupy much space and they are not too loud (for relaxation and for that of the other tourists). The balloons and inflatable toys are practical and occupy little space; If you go to the sea do not forget shovel and bucket and if your baby enjoys watching movies or playing video games carry a small portable dvd player or video game (take also a headset to do not disturb other people).
- If you are travelling with small children some accessories like the cradle, stroller,baby bibs, tray for the bathroom or courtesy light are indispensable; If you are undecided on what to bring I recommend firstly to contact the hotel or the hotel where you’ll be staying to inform you about any available services. If you want to leave more relaxed and you want to travel light check http://www.holidaysort.com/ to see if in your destination there is a family hotel, which guarantees you an array of services designed specifically for children (some also have an entertainment service and mini club). Alternatively try to use ingenuity to help but bring certain bulky items: for example instead of the pan you can make to your toddler a bath in the sink, you can use the restaurant napkin as bib, etc. If you go to the sea there might be useful as well as other accessories like diving goggles or the towel: check with the hotel the possibility to borrow a towel and if you need to purchase the goggles buy them locally.
In hand baggage
If you face a long flight, plus what to put in the suitcase that carried you have to think about how to organize your carry-on for your kids, so you have everything you need during your journey. It is important that you have with you:
- Water and snacks.
- For toddlers baby bottles, milk (it is allowed to exceed the limits for liquids) and baby food.
- Diapers for toddlers.
- Pajamas, refreshing towels, toothbrush and toothpaste.
- A change fee and a heavy t-shirt.
- A toy or a book for entertainment.
- Medicines for air sickness and upset stomach.
Carry On Luggage For Girls
Osprey Skimmer 22 Hiking Backpack
Tory Burch Ankle Strap Sandals
Sheets Buying Guide: Reviews by Wirecutter
TOMS Boys’ Brogue Lace Up Oxfords
Sleep Smarter With Our Pillow Buying Guide
Nike Boys’ Flex 2014 Run Sneakers
Converse Boys’ Chuck Taylor All Star Asphalt High Top …
SKIP*HOP® Zoo Packs Little Kid Backpacks in Koala …
Under Armour Boys’ Ignite IV Slide Sandals
UGG® Australia Girls’ Classic Boots
Elie Tahari Sandals
The Best School Supplies for Back to School: Reviews by …
Via Spiga Tresa Cutout Lace Up Open Toe Tall Boots …
Michael Kors Pointed Toe Caged Pumps
Via Spiga Tresa Cutout Lace Up Open Toe Tall Boots …
Rebecca Minkoff Open Toe Slingback Platform Wedge …
Funny Kids Luggage,Travel Luggage Bags For Kids,Luggage …
Micro Luggage Scooter Travel Luggage For Kids